Thursday, June 25, 2020

Session 23- Birds!

Yesterday's subject for fabulously talented, high-flying sketchers was chosen by last time's newbie- Sarah Kelly (nee Chase) and the theme was BIRDS! The next session's theme will be Royalty!
The first fledgling out of the nest is Anna Lindenberger returning to us after a short emigration with  the sort of lateral thinking that I like to indulge in and she's drawn a fabulous portrait of Joaquin Phoenix (Phoenix- Geddit?) from the film Gladiator! She loved him as The Joker!

Then we have some late offerings from Annalisa Renee (who couldn't make the live session) of a more traditional type- two beautiful paintings of a tawny owl and a kingfisher in flight. 

Then one of our live artists- my old friend Anna K Lange stuck in Poland after living in Australia, Thailand and all over the place has drawn the much maligned and ignored pigeon. I love the Bridget Riley background you added Anna. Lovely!

Then we have two entries from my friend Khawla Sdour in Morocco of two exotic birds. One's a parrot but I've no idea what the other one is! Beautifully done!
Then the excellent and innovative Julia Xandru has sent me two versions of the same image including a cheeky photo of me from my birthday celebration last night. Very graphic. Very groovy. I love it!


Next my own humble effort. I was again trying to make a witty connection with myself as it was my birthday so I've painted a bald eagle!

And finally the new star of the ******* show- Sarah Kelly (as she's known professionally but her married name is Sarah Chase) has done these gorgeous images of owls in ink. They're fabulous!
Right! So the next subject for our sketchers on Sunday is Royalty in whatever way you'd like to interpret that theme!
ROYALTY!

The gorgeous gang and me!
See you on Sunday I hope!
Paul
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment