Thursday, June 4, 2020

Session 18- Science Fiction!

Yesterday's one hour sketch session was on a  subject chosen by Vivian Salzman over there in Uzbekistan- Science Fiction! The live session was a bit sparse as most of the sketchers had been abducted by aliens and were having horrendous things done to their bodies in spaceships but the 4 of us on Zoom had a jolly time talking about how to save the world! Some of the sketchers who couldn't make it sent me their images later from whatever planet they'd been whisked off to so here are the results!
Anna Lindenberger did these lovely sketches during the hour live! The girl with the weird head  on the left is a character from the computer game Mass Effect and the other lady is from Anna's warp-speed imagination!

Annalisa Renee was also present on the bridge for the live session and gave us these ancient designs representing the snake goddess! The larger drawing is from a Romanian pottery decoration from over 5000 BC and the  smaller head is from Crete over 6000 BC. Many myths relate stories of descent to earth from the Pleiades of these snake-like beings. Interesting stuff!

Emily Woolf sent me this lovely drawing of Sigourney Weaver in the iconic role of Ripley from the Alien films.  The first two are amongst my favourite films ever! Nice choice, Emily!

Julia Xandru couldn't make the live session (abduction again!) but sent me these images later from a distant galaxy. I think the bizarre creature on the left must be her new Husband- Zoobink from planet Zoink. I assume the  ancient wizard in the middle conducted the ceremony and the images on the right are portraits of Jools done by the local indigenous tribe of Mooklins who are very skilled at art with their seventeen arms. See you after the honeymoon on the Moon, Jools!

Here's my attempt at role reversal. Normally on science fiction book and magazine covers a beautiful space girl would be seen being carried off in the clutches of a hideous alien so I thought, instead,  I'd draw the girl making off with the hideous alien for some nefarious purpose only known to her! 

Sophie Birritta, also from a distant galaxy sent me this rather beautiful drawing of whoever it was that abducted her I assume! You must explain this one to me, Sophie, when they beam you back down to Earth!

Our Morocco contingent of the twin sisters-Somaya and Khawla  Sdour took their inspiration from favourite sci-fi films- Wall-E and Iron Man! Beautifully drawn you two! (I think Khawla has a bit of a crush on Robert Downie Jr.!)

And lastly but not leastly Vivian Salzman who suggested the theme sent me this  stunning alien space girl.  I love the colours and the stars inside her. We are all stardust!
Thanks again you talented lot! There won't be a session on Sunday again as I'm going, again, to another birthday barbecue again! So I hope I'll see you all again next Wednesday when the theme will be EXTREME WEATHER!
Beam me up, Scotty!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

No comments:

Post a Comment