Monday, June 22, 2020

Session 22- ANIMALS!

Yesterday's subject (chosen by me) for our small squad of scribblers was ANIMALS! Due to the relaxing of lockdown and summer weather our group of live scribblers was reduced to 4 plus Jools who popped in briefly to say hello. But 4's enough for a sketching group and the results were added to later by some of our regulars who couldn't do the live thing but sent a picture afterwards. Well done all you animals who took part and a particularly warm welcome to Sarah Kelly who joined us after much nagging and badgering by me! So anyway, here are the glorious images what we done!
And on Wednesday I'm promised another little animation from Daniel Houlle so I'm very keen to see that!
The effervescent Anna K Lange was one of the gang of 4 and produced this strikingly colourful and characterful image of her cat Mouse! Fabulous!

One of our regulars- Annalisa Renee who has been with us from the start, couldn't do the live session but sent me this gorgeous drawing of a mummy wolf and her affectionate cub. the cub's probably saying in wolfese- "Mum, I'm HUNGRY!"

Ana Ripoll who I know though the oil painting class here in Palma (closed until September) is another regular who couldn't join us live but sent me this fabulously exuberant and colourful bird (a bird of paradise perhaps? Or a bird of Ana's imagination?) later. It reminds me of the award winning illustrator Quentin Blake. Nice one, Ana!
This was sent later by the talented Vivian Salzman from Uzbekistan and it's her cat in human form! Great colours and design, Viv!

Emily Woolf (one of the gang of 4) didn't draw a wolf but instead drew this alarming cat with a fabulous moustache  worthy of Kenneth Branagh in Murder on the Orient Express. This marvellous drawing also reminds me of the work of another award winning illustrator- Edward Gorey!

Julia Xandru, who popped into the session briefly to say hello and later sent me this  lovely painting of a cat again (lots of cats!) in some European looking town with a sun (Love the sun!) and a moon in the sky. This one reminds me a bit of another renowned painter whose name escapes me. Any suggestions?

And now my attempts at doing two oil paintings in the allowed hour. I twiddled with them both a bit later but- Hey! We all cheat! So we have a somewhat disgruntled looking lioness (another cat!) and two lovey-dovey elephants! Aw!

New girl- Sarah Kelly was one of the gang of 4 but couldn't show us what she'd done at the end of the session  cos she had to dash off. So imagine my delighted surprise when she sent me these three stunning images later. Drawn with black Quink ink which when diluted breaks down into lots of gorgeous colours! I must get some! These are stunning, Sarah! Please join us again! And, as the newbie, Sarah got to choose the next subject which will be - BIRDS!

And finally from Morocco our regular twin sisters Khawla and Somaya Sdour who can't join us live because they don't have access to Zoom but they sent me these two gorgeous drawings of a very fierce looking tiger and a good cow coming to say hello! Wonderful work ladies! And now I'll say goodbye until Wednesday when I hope you can all return to draw - BIRDS!
Paul
xxx

The Gang of Four!

No comments:

Post a Comment