Thursday, September 10, 2020

Session 36- CHARACTERS!

The last one of the Wednesday sessions was on the subject of CHARACTERS! There were only three live sketchers for the hour on Zoom which is one of the reasons that I'm moving the session to Sundays from the 20th September. Anyway, our fun boy (and girls) three had a jolly time drawing characters and the sketchers who couldn't make the live session sent me some fabulous drawings later! So without further YABBA DABBA DOO let's have a look!
Our first live sketcher is Anna Lindenburger from her massive mansion in Uzbekistan and Anna gave us a rather personal character- her old dog from her childhood. Anna says, "His name is Ebik. He is a riesenschnauzer. He was my superhero because he was always protecting me and wanted to drive my sleigh in winter." I presume this was in Siberia where Anna is from. He makes a great character. I love the one of him leaping! Also, Anna did a sketch of a Batman character- Talia al Ghul the daughter of one of Batman's enemies- R'as al Ghul. Lovely!
Our second live sketcher is Annalisa Renee who has chosen herself as a character in this delicate self-portrait along with a rather dodgy looking geezer who seems to have designs on you, Annalisa, judging by that lascivious glance he is sending your way! Unless you fancy the swarthy, whiskery type I suggest you beat a hasty retreat! TAXI!

Next up is the brilliant Julia Xandru who couldn't join us live as she was out with friends (GRRRR- traitor!) but she sent me these lovely sketches later. That's Shrek on the left but she didn't tell me who that is on the right. One of them looks like Kevin Spacey. Am I right, Jools?

From Morocco one of our regular talented twins- Khawla Sdour sent me this beautifully drawn but rather sinister image of Bugs Bunny!
Memories of Ramadan perhaps!
Anne Alderson, who hasn't posted with us for ages, has sent me this delicate drawing which is also very sinister.
It reminds me of that scene in Roman Holiday where Gregory Peck puts his hand into The Mouth of Truth.
Good to have you back, Anne.

I wanted to draw some cartoon characters of my own design so I asked for suggestions and these are what transpired during the hour. I coloured them all up this morning in Photoshop. My favourite is the love-sick rhino!
Then we have a whole bunch of character designs from Vivian Salzman also in Uzbekistan. She's got a natural talent for character design at the tender age of 16. These are great! Well done, Viv!


THE FUN BOY AND GIRLS THREE!
THE NEXT SUBJECT ON SUNDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER WILL BE-
THE 60s!
Have a fab and groovy time until we meet again, gang!
Peace and Love!
Cemmo
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment